VINEGAR: Ruthlessly anti-bacterial, anti-microbial, anti-fungal… vinegar is the boss! It also does a neat trick of breaking down minerals found in water, which is what leaves behind cloudy spots on your mirrors and builds up the soap scum in the shower. It’s also going to eat away at mould that grows in corners and in between tiles. Vinegar is safe on wood, fabric, chrome, tiles, floors – basically everywhere except: marble and granite (that’s because of its appetite for minerals).
LAVENDER: Vinegar alone is already a fantastic cleaner, but when infused with lavender – it becomes something much more special. Lavender is a cleansing herb, it’s anti-bacterial and will help to disinfect your home. The scent is calming and refreshing, and helps to relieve anxiety or stress. It’s naturally bug-repelling, driving away moths and fleas.
LAVENDER ALL-PURPOSE CLEANER RECIPE
- 1 cup vinegar
- 1/4 cup dried lavender
- in a glass jar, mix the vinegar and dried lavender. Seal shut
- allow to sit in a sunny spot for 10 days
- then, strain out the lavender and reserve the infused vinegar
- to make your all-purpose cleaner: in a spray bottle mix 1 part lavender infused vinegar to 2 parts water
- use your vinegar cleaner as you would any conventional all-purpose cleaner, simply spray and wipe! Great for counters, the refridgerator, windows, mirrors, bathrooms, kids toys and highchair – basically everywhere.
- Note: be careful on marble and granite as vinegar can degrade the surface.