We at Katfood looooove our green tea to bits. Green tea has been known to:
- prevent skin damage, wrinkles and signs of early ageing
- contain antioxidants which are effective against free radicals
- have anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties
For the above reasons, we always keep a glass of green tea on hand. In addition to drinking green tea, we also enjoy icing our skin with it!
What is skin icing? Skin icing is the use of ice to massage our skin surface, which is believed to bring the following benefits:
- tightening and shrinking of enlarged pores by helping to unclog pores
- toning the skin and making it look smoother
- fighting the formation of wrinkles
- promoting blood circulation, thereby giving skin a healthier appearance
- relieves puffy eyes
- reduces inflammation and redness of pimples and soothes irritated skin
We love combining the benefits of green tea with skin icing to create a simple and relaxing home treatment that we look forward to doing every day! How to ice skin:
- Purified water
- Green tea bags
- Steep green tea bags in hot water.
- Pour the green tea into an ice cube tray and freeze.
- To use, take out the ice cubes and glide gently over cleansed face, eyelids and neck.
- Have some tissues or a towel on standby to absorb the runoff as the ice cube melts.
- When using a bare ice cube, do not apply to skin straight from the freezer. Extreme cold can break the capillaries under the skin.
- Do not use bare ice cubes on skin that already has broken capillaries.
- Stop if the cold becomes too uncomfortable and avoid icing one area for more than 15 minutes.
The KatTeam :)